The Agile Product Owner
This course teaches the foundations of Agile and how a Product Owner interacts with Agile teams. You will learn Product Owner approaches, techniques and skills across Scrum, Kanban and hybrid environments. You will learn how to manage stakeholders and deal with the artifacts and events of Agile. This course will assist you to align your Agile environment to meet the market demand of modern Agile teams. The goal is to develop excellent Agile Product Owner skills that will lead to successful and profitable products.
Earn 14 CDU/PDU for both IIBA and PMI certification
A basic knowledge of Agile approaches is recommended, but not required.
Anyone that is being asked to perform the role of Product Owner on an Agile team. This includes business analysts and business subject matter experts who are unsure how to align roles and responsibilities in an Agile environment.
Register Online Today
What We Cover
- An overview of Agile concepts
- Understanding Agile structure, events and artifacts
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the Agile Team
- Definition of Done and Definition of Ready
- The role of the Product Owner
- Product Owner vs. Product Manager vs. Business Analyst
- How to become an extraordinary Product Owner
- How to work more effectively with your Agile team
- Increasing your effectiveness as a Product Owner
- How to drive and own business value
- Creating product vision and your road map to success
- Techniques to identify and analyze stakeholder and user types (including developing Personas and Empathy Maps)
- Using story mapping to transform themes and epics into usable backlog items
- The Product Owner’s role in developing the backlog
- Techniques for prioritizing and refining the backlog
- Understanding the limits of using a proxy as Product Owner